August 30, 2015
Please join us for our first TOWN HALL MEETING concerning the Priest Search which will be Sunday October 4, 2015. We will gather for one COMBINED SERVICE at 9 AM (Sung) and meet at 10:30.
Some responses from our Congregation concerning things they find important in searching for our next Rector:
"This seems very important to us, someone who is deeply passionate about the Church and its teachings and who, through a refined and potent set of interpersonal skills, aids others in the development of their own similar passions.."
"We believe that Saint Luke's is blessed with one of the most splendid church buildings in America, and pray that it will continue to be cared for and restored as much as possible. It connects us, in a profound way, with generations of the faithful of Saint Luke's past..."
"The liturgy--how we worship--is very important to us indeed. We treasure the rich and emotionally resonant language of Rite I and find the solemn, serious execution of the most sacred parts of that liturgy to be completely appropriate..."
For more information about our Priest Search, please click here.
Evensongs & Concerts
Evensong is a completely sung Vespers service preserved through the centuries in English cathedrals and college chapels. A vast amount of literature was written for this daily service, and we are privileged to share some of it with you. We are the only church in this area outside of major cities (New York, Washington) to sing regular Evensong, and we invite you to experience this with us.
Schedule of Evensong Services for 2015 - 2016
Sept. - (Pentecost 18): Choral Evensong and Concert by The Eaken Trio
Oct. - (Saint Luke's Day): Festal Evensong and Organ Recital by Frank Dodd, Organist, St. James Episcopal Church Lancaster
- (All Saints' Day): Requiem Mass for All Faithful Departed - Requiem by John Rutter, Sung by Saint Luke's Festival Choir and instrumentalists.
- (First Sunday of Advent): Advent Procession with Lessons and Carols presented by Saint Luke's Festival Choir
Christmas Concert To Be Announced
-(First Sunday after Epiphany): Service of Epiphany Lessons and Carols presented by Saint Luke's Festival Choir
- (Transfiguration of Our Lord): Festal Evensong and Concert, recitalist To Be Announced.
- (Sunday of the Passion): John Stainer's Crucifixion presented by Saint Luke's Festival Choir
- (Easter 3): Choral Evensong and Organ Recital by James Wetzle, The Manhattan School of Music
- (Easter 7): Choral Evensong and Piano Recital by Julia Gottschall.
- (Corpus Christi): Choral Evensong & Solemn Benediction sung by St. Luke's Festival Choir