June 19, 2013
What is the Episcopal Church?
Our Parish Community
Come to the About Us section to learn more about our Parish community, and find out what we're all about!
New Hope Campaign Thank You Letter (click here)
Church Schedule, News and Events
Thoughts or readings of interest from Father Terry. Includes "On the Journey" spiritual resources. Click on SERMONS above. Then "Rector's Desk" for the blog, or "On the Journey" for resources.
DioLight (click here)
Scripture Lessons (click here)
(5 Pentecost) Psalm 42 & 43; 1 Kings 19:1-4, 8-15; Galatians 3:23-2; Luke 8:26-39
Find out about our Youth Program and Sunday School.
Evensongs & Concerts
Evensong is a completely sung Vespers service preserved through the centuries in English cathedrals and college chapels. A vast amount of literature was written for this daily service, and we are privileged to share some of it with you. We are the only church in this area outside of major cities (New York, Washington) to sing regular Evensong, and we invite you to experience this with us.
Schedule of Evensong Services for 2012-2013:
23 Sept. - 7:00 PM - Choral Evensong and Organ Recital by Thomas Sheehan, St. Mark's Church, Locust Street, Philadelphia.
21. Oct. (St. Luke's Day) - 7:00 PM - Choral Evensong and Organ Rectial by Peter King, Bath Abbey, Bath, England
4. Nov. (All Saints' Sunday) - 7:00 PM - All Saints Requiem Mass for All Faithful Departed including the premier of a Requiem by Michael Berman, St. Timothy's Church, Roxborough, Philadelphia
2. Dec. (Advent I) - 7:00 PM - Advent Lessons and Carols Service sung by the St. Luke's Festival Choir
23. Dec. (Advent IV) - 4:00 PM - Service of Nine Lessons and Carols sung by the Singing Boys of Pennsylvania & Keystone Girls Chorus, K. Bernard Schade conductor
6. Jan. (Epiphany) - 5:00 PM - Choral Evensong and Concert of early music by MiContraFa, St. James Church, Lancaster, PA
10. Feb. (Transfiguration Sunday) - 7:00 PM - Choral Evensong and Organ Recital by Charles Grove, St. Mark's Lutheran Church, Annville, PA
3. Mar. (Lent III) - 7:00 PM - Choral Evensong and Concert by David Kreider and Donald Horneff, duo-pianists, McDaniel College, Westminster, MD
21. Apr. (Easter IV) - 7:00 PM - Choral Evensong and Concert by early music ensemble Tempesta di Mare (Gwyn Roberts--Recorder/Flute, Ulrike Shapiro--Theorbo, Adam Pearl--Harpsichord)
26. May (Trinity Sunday) - 7:00 PM - Choral Evensong and Piano Concert by Julia Gottshall
2. June (Corpus Christi) - 7:00 PM - Choral Evensong and Solemn Benediction