THE CAPITAL CAMPAIGN
St. Luke’s undertook planning for a major Capital Campaign in 2019 in response to the parish vision laid out in VISION 20/20. The COVID-19 pandemic slowed progress but the Steering Committee adapted and worked to obtain preliminary plans and estimates for the projects that emerged from our parish-wide consultation at the Annual Meeting 2019. A list of proposed projects emerged that is designed to enhance the accessibility of our buildings and support the ever changing demands of our mission and ministry.
We realized the first of these projects – a new lighting system in the church through the generosity of Dr. George Conner as a memorial to his wife, Betty. We dedicated and blessed the new lighting on August 7, 2022.
The Capital Campaign Steering Committee along with our consultant conducted a feasibility study and submitted its findings to the vestry for consideration. In late August, 2023 vestry met to determine which projects the parish would pursue in with the current campaign. These include:
- Enclosing and modifying the bell tower portico to create a new street-level accessible entrance on Chestnut Street.
- Reconfiguring the kitchen and renovating the Fellowship Hall as a true multi-purpose facility for outreach and small gatherings.
- Installing a kitchenette in the Parish Hall Auditorium to provide easy access to the necessities for large group meals and enhanced use of the auditorium.
- Renovating existing restrooms and installation of two (2) additional accessible multi-sex/family restrooms in the main corridor of the Parish Hall.
- Repair the stone and iron fence surrounding the parish buildings.
[Special Note: Two other highly desired projects (initial phases of renovation/expansion of the Austin organ and air conditioning the church building), while severed from this campaign, are still “in view” for further development as funds become available. Vestry mandated that any excess funds raised in this campaign are to be designated immediately for use by the Organ Fund for this purpose.]
- Final preparations for the campaign are now underway and its initial phases will begin shortly.
- A grand celebration is planned for a formal kick-off on the First Sunday in Advent, December 3, 2023 with a catered luncheon and presentation following worship.
Watch for more details coming soon!